Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default bond tiny bushing

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 23:24:52 -0700, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 02 Apr 2012 12:17:52 -0400, Tom Gardner mars@tacks wrote:

On 4/2/2012 7:46 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:
I've got an egg shaped hole in the lock frame on my 1919 BMG...

This part is hardened 4140 and its hard to get into the deep hole
anyway so welding it shut and remachining don't look like a good
option.

So is there a good way to bond a bushing with a 0.187" OD by 0.150"
high into a bore? What would you use? FWIW, if I tried a press fit, it
would just break the part.

Karl

Can you post a picture or a diagram?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=279377814

in the botton pic, you can see a large diameter hole that soes to
small diameter down in there. its egg shaped on mine. lets the trigger
sit crooked.

Drill and tap most of the way through then drive a screw into the tapped
hole until it jams, cut off it's head and file flush.....finally, machine a
hole down the center of it to suit your pin.

Damn, that's a good idea. I'll do it that way.

Karl