Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jk jk is offline

Default OT Is the George Plimpton who posts here an artificial intelligence bot?

Hawke wrote:

On 4/3/2012 2:54 PM, jk wrote:
wrote:
Actually it's you who isn't educated. I mean, what does a guy with
nothing but an economics degree do with it? It's not enough to teach,
it's not enough to be considered any kind of expert in the field of
economics.
It's just barely enough to qualify as having graduated, and
that's all you have.

According to YOU that makes him JUST as educated as you are.
Or did you suddenly sprout an advanced degree.

I'm just wondering if you ever get the point being made

Perhaps if you ever made a comprehensible point.........

So I point out that he's in exactly the same boat as me and even if he
went to a bigger name school it puts him right where I said he was.

Only (by your entirely unsupported) assumption that "education" =
"degrees"
All
he has is a lowly single degree in economics. The point was it was a pot
calling the kettle black situation. He made it sound like I had nothing
but in reality he had absolutely nothing to brag about. What's so great
about a degree in econ?

What's so great about a degree in poly pseudo science.

Wow, really a Pot-Kettle situation there

Wow! you noticed that right away but you completely missed that Pimpton
only had a four year degree too.

Not so,I was fully aware of that claim, but it is irrelevant. He has
a degree and presumably an education to go with it.

So how come he's so much better? As I
pointed out, it doesn't do any more for him that my degree does for me.
So what kind of bitch says my degree is worthless

THe kind that thinks you got a piece of paper, but not the education.

We're equal, pal. Don't you get it? We're really not, but if we both
have a four year degree then neither one is in a position to bad mouth
the other.

Only under the false assumption that your degrees = your education.
But garbage concept in, garbage results out.
Who was it that was doing the bad mouthing? It was him.

It was BOTH of you
jk