Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default OT Is the George Plimpton who posts here an artificial intelligencebot?

On 4/3/2012 2:54 PM, jk wrote:
wrote:

Actually it's you who isn't educated. I mean, what does a guy with
nothing but an economics degree do with it? It's not enough to teach,
it's not enough to be considered any kind of expert in the field of
economics.
It's just barely enough to qualify as having graduated, and
that's all you have.

According to YOU that makes him JUST as educated as you are.
Or did you suddenly sprout an advanced degree.

I'm just wondering if you ever get the point being made or are you
missing it intentionally. Has Pimpton denigrated me repeatedly for
having nothing but a college degree from a crappy school? You do
remember him saying that don't you? He repeated it many times. How many
times did we hear that I wasn't educated because all I did was get a BA
from Chico St.

So I point out that he's in exactly the same boat as me and even if he
went to a bigger name school it puts him right where I said he was. All
he has is a lowly single degree in economics. The point was it was a pot
calling the kettle black situation. He made it sound like I had nothing
but in reality he had absolutely nothing to brag about. What's so great
about a degree in econ? It sure doesn't put you in any position to say
you're way better than others, does it? Now do you see what I was
getting at? I'll make it even easier. With nothing but a simple
economics degree he didn't have the right to talk trash about anyone
else with a four year degree.

It doesn't get you into any better job than any
other college degree does. You don't know enough with just that degree
to get anywhere in your own field. It's just a starting point and you
never went any farther.

Wow, really a Pot-Kettle situation there

Wow! you noticed that right away but you completely missed that Pimpton
only had a four year degree too. So how come he's so much better? As I
pointed out, it doesn't do any more for him that my degree does for me.
So what kind of bitch says my degree is worthless when that is all he
has. Pot, kettle, black. Can you see him being guilty of it?

So I can't imagine why you would be bragging
about your education. It's nothing really.

Then by your own definition, so is yours.

We're equal, pal. Don't you get it? We're really not, but if we both
have a four year degree then neither one is in a position to bad mouth
the other. Who was it that was doing the bad mouthing? It was him. He
bad mouthed Chico St, and he bad mouthed political science, and he bad
mouthed me. And this is a guy with nothing but a god damned econ degree.
If you can't see how full of **** that makes him then you're a dunce.

Hawke