Greg O

Default Motor Frame Definitions?

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
Evening all,

In my quest to buy the best new motor for one of my Unisaurs I am trying

figure out the difference between a Leeson 145 frame motor and a Baldor

184
frame motor. Both companies make specific Unisaw replacement motors, but
each base theirs on a different frame style.

Can anyone tell me the difference between a NEMA 145 and 184 frame?

Other than the obvious size differances you can see with the links others
have posted, consider that the 184 frame motor probably has a larger
diameter rotor, and most likely more torque. Just an assumtion, but I would
bet the 184 frame motor will out pull a 145 frame motor. All that extra
weight has to lead to some benefit!
Greg