Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Is the George Plimpton who posts here an artificialintelligence bot?

On Apr 3, 4:35*pm, Hawke wrote:

I do not think that I ever said anything about a group of engineers.
Much less about saying anything about a group of engineers that are
way above average as far as IQ goes.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Dan

Then your memory is failing. We were talking a while back and you
brought up a story about a bunch of engineers you know and you said
their IQs were quite a bit above average. I don't remember it exactly
but you were talking about a group of engineers you knew. You're lucky I
remember at all. It was your story so you ought to remember it better
than I do. Of course, you could always go back and look it up.

Hawke

What I doubt is that I referred to a bunch of engineers. I have
referred to individual engineers and do know engineers whose IQ was
quite a bit above average, and may have referred to some of them.
But I doubt if I referred to a bunch of engineers. By quite a bit
above average, I probably meant above 145. But those with IQ's above
145 do not come in bunches. I have known engineers whose IQ was
barely above 120.

Dan