Weldon Wilson

Default Motor Frame Definitions?

David F. Eisan wrote:

Evening all,

In my quest to buy the best new motor for one of my Unisaurs I am
trying to figure out the difference between a Leeson 145 frame motor
and a Baldor 184 frame motor. Both companies make specific Unisaw
replacement motors, but each base theirs on a different frame style.

Can anyone tell me the difference between a NEMA 145 and 184 frame?

Is there a web site that shows the differences?

Thanks,

David.

If I'm not mistaken, the frame size refers to the physical dimensions
of the motor. I'm sure there are others here who know more about it
than I do.

Here is a chart of NEMA motor sizes/dimensions:
http://www.joliet-equipment.com/nema_frame_chart.htm

And another:
http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.co...frame_info.htm

Weldon