BigWallop

Default Generator Grounding

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
. 1...
On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 21:07:32 -0000, sparky wrote:

Order of postings corrected to make sense.

Having bought a small generator I'm now reading the manual supplied
with it - the manual is not very good.

In the manual is a diagram showing the earthing point (frame) of
the generator being connected to a ground spike, but there's no
helpful
words to advise that this should be done.

Maybe a NICEIC approved electrical contractor would be able to
advise you

I'm keeping quiet but if the OP searches groups.google.com back in
this group and uk.tech.electronic-security, he'll find a couple of
lengthy recent threads... Still they boil down to get expert advice
from an qualified spark with experience of generator installations.

Cheers
Dave.

That's why I'm not replying to any more of them. Some people don't
understand the differences between the domestic supply and a generator
supply system, so they get stuck in this Live and Neutral thing. When you
try to tell them the difference, they look at you as though you've got two
heads. So now I've given up. :-))