Al Reynolds

Default Understairs Cupboard Remix!

wrote in message
Dave P-B wrote:
Hi All,

We currently have an understiars cupboard, now the door is way too small

get an large objects in, such as hoovers, ironing boards without using a
whole load of swear words....

No what I want to do is make the door larger, okay I know how to do that

but
what I need to do is move the hall light switch about 12 inches up. I

can do
that no problem but what we really need is a light inside the cupboard,

my
question (at last!) is can I fit another light to the light switch? and

how
would I do that?

It's almost certain that the wiring to the switch won't provide what
you need to run a lamp. You'll need to run a feed to the second lamp
from the existing hall light if you want them both switched by the
same switch.

Unless you happen to live in Scotland, where regs have power
going to the switch and then to the bulb. That way, when you
turn off the switch, _nothing_ is live at the bulb. Makes for
crowded switch boxes though!

Al