Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Need a combination square

I don't see a test pilot screen under settings.
Nor do I find it when I search Mozilla (Thunderbird site).

How do I get to the configuration?

I have looked at both Tools options and tools account settings, gone
through all the menus and still can't find it.

On 4/3/2012 5:30 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 4/2/2012 10:13 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 4/2/2012 9:14 AM, tiredofspam wrote:
Swingy, are you experiencing major slowdowns, and script crashes with
your update?

No script crashes. I'm getting "TB is not responding" messages for at
least 15 to 30 seconds each time the program is opened and _after_ it
checks mail. I've done all the usual deleting .msf files etc., to no
avail.

It has never exhibited this behavior, in five years of use, until this
last update.

I may have at least stumbled upon the problem, and the solution.

At some point today there was a strange, graphic remnant of a screen
that apparently belongs to a new TB feature called "Test Pilot" that
kept showing up, in fragments, a few minutes after the program was
opened; the ghostlike fragments of this screen moved with the TB window,
but was obviously causing a graphic glitch within the program itself;
and although it looked ghostlike, it was active, and the few portions of
it that could be seen could be clicked on.

This screen was apparently a notification that a report was ready to
send to "Test Pilot", and was asking for permission to submit the report.

Looking under Tools, I found the Test Pilot "Settings" screen and
selected "Always submit my data" (don't ask me).

Since doing that one thing, TB has not once hung up again, and runs just
as it did in days of yore.

Anyone else with this issue may want to check this "Test Pilot" schtick
out, or preempt it altogether.

YMMV ...