Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default OT Is the George Plimpton who posts here an artificial intelligencebot?

On 4/2/2012 1:25 PM, George Plimpton wrote:

If you are foolish enough to suggest that anyone who grossed over
100k/yr over 10 years is a "millionaire", then, yes of course you are
right, but then anyone who grossed $25k/yr for 40 years is also a
"millionaire".

Now all you can do is say the reference is no good. But even though I
know you will do that it doesn't change the fact that it has been
reported that Bob Dole made a lot of money on the side when he was in
the senate. He made that from speeches alone that they called
"honoraria" but was really nothing but legalized bribery. That's
what I
told you and what you said was a lie.
That is NOT what you were saying. And that is not what he called a
lie.

Look, Dole was taking hundreds of rides on corporate jets for the price
of a first class ticket.

Not established.

Yes it is. You're just too stupid to admit it. Want a cite that proves
it? I guess not, huh? Because that means I'm right again. So check this
out and then I'll be waiting to hear how you try to weasel out.

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-09-...corporate-jets

Try saying this is bull****.

He took hundreds of flights on corporate jets for 1,000 per flight when
they cost between 5 and 20 thousand apiece.

Not established.

It is too.

He was having corporations giving all kinds of money
to his foundation, Pacs, and other entities he controlled.

But not to him.

Giving donations to foundations and PACs is the same as giving it to the
person. Especially when they have the power to decide how it's spent.
It's called giving in kind. It's only a legal fiction that you aren't
giving it to someone when you give it to a legal entity created for that
exact purpose. But I forget that you don't know anything about law.

You want to make the argument that giving someone control of funds isn't
giving it to him, go ahead.

It isn't established he had control of money that he converted to any
personal use.

Some of them he does have the control to decide exactly how the money is
spent and some is not. It depends on what kind of organization it is.
But it's like campaign contributions that are not spent by the
candidate. They keep it.

So the truth is as I said, Dole made millions when he was in the
senate.

Not proved.

It is to any reasonable person. If all Dole did was live on his salary
and saved the speech fees for a decade he'd have a million dollar
investment. But he did far more than that.

The proof is there for all to see.

No proof.

Here's another article telling about how senators like Dole profited
from their office. It was from 1989 so Dole had 20 years to get all
kinds of outside income from business interests. More proof of Dole at
the trough.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=6288,2581013

So there you go, ****head. There's two citations that prove Dole was
pulling in all kinds of money outside his normal senate pay while he was
in office. I told you Dole had a reputation for being one of the worst
at making himself rich. So here's two different references that show
exactly what Dole was doing, taking free donations from corporations in
the guise of free jet trips and from twenty year of "honoraria".

The article also notes that Dole kept some of the free money and gave
some to charity. That's the charities of his choice. I wonder if any of
it want to any of his own charitable organizations. Bet they did.

If that isn't proof of Dole pulling in loads of outside money while a
senator then nothing would. As they say in cards, read 'em and weep.

Hawke