Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default OT - Radio controlled clocks

In article , Andy
Burns writes
Mike Lane wrote:

I wonder if anyone else has noticed that some radio controlled clocks are not
keeping quite as accurate time recently.

I've just discovered the reason which is that the NPL transmitter at Anthorn,
Cumbria has been shut down since 26 March for maintenance work.

You'd think they'd pick the maintenance windows to be a decent period
*away* from GMT/BST switch dates ...

Similarly, maintenance on HMRC's VAT return submission servers appears
to be carried out exclusively on the 7th of the month between 7pm and
Midnight which happens to be the last 5 hours before the submission
deadline for online filing sigh.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .