Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default OT - Radio controlled clocks

Don't some of them also use a german transmitter though?
I can also tell you something odd about a dab clock radio. Every so often
it jumps back an hour for no apparent reason.
Brian

--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.
The email is valid as
"Mike Lane" wrote in message
dia.com...
I wonder if anyone else has noticed that some radio controlled clocks are
not
keeping quite as accurate time recently. but I have two which I've noticed
have been drifting apart by a few seconds over the last few days.

I've just discovered the reason which is that the NPL transmitter at
Anthorn,
Cumbria has been shut down since 26 March for maintenance work. It's due
http://tinyurl.com/d2g4s74

I was a bit puzzled that my watch wasn't affected until I remembered that
(unlike the clocks) it's dual frequency and can receive the signal from
Mainflingen, Germany as well as Anthorn

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire