Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default OT - New thread on Florida shooting

Bill Kniess wrote in
:

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Bill Kniess wrote:

Who are you saying here is the defender?

Subverting ? Are you saying we were a lost bunch from the
beginning of the country up to the time this law was passed?

Marvelous law ? I'm an NRA member, but I have to say that
there was
NO reason to have a law like this enacted. (It was
bankrolled by my
NRA, and for the life of me, cannot find out for what
purpose they
push such legislation).

Hmm. Thirty-one states have some form of Stand Your Ground (SYG)
laws. Are you saying that over 60% of the population passed a law
with no reason behind it? Or is it possible you simply do not
understand what three out of five do?

It is plain and simple nuts. Just
about as
bad as Ohio's law permitting concealed carry in bars.
What? Don't the lawmakers know how easy a fight breaks
out in a bar and someone
gets hit with a pool queue stick ora bottle? What's going
to happen
now with concealed guns? People will be carted out in body bags
rather than on ambulance gurneys.

In my state, we've had the ability to carry concealed where liquor
is served since 1995. There has not been ONE SINGLE case - that I
can find - of a CHL holder shooting another bar patron. You're
worried about something that is so remote as to be absurd.

We can
also carry concealed in churches, hospitals, the state capitol,
libraries, parks, and the governor's office!

WHY?

Bill Kniess

because police are never around when you need them.
"when seconds count,police are minutes away".

did the laws against having guns in schools keep mass murderers from
bringing in guns and shooting people? no.
People have been shot in schools,churches,hospitals,government
buildings(even ones who metal detectors!) and parks.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik