Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default OT - Radio controlled clocks

On 03/04/2012 19:42, Mike Lane wrote:

I wonder if anyone else has noticed that some radio controlled clocks are not
keeping quite as accurate time recently. but I have two which I've noticed
have been drifting apart by a few seconds over the last few days.

I've just discovered the reason which is that the NPL transmitter at Anthorn,
Cumbria has been shut down since 26 March for maintenance work. It's due to
http://tinyurl.com/d2g4s74

I was a bit puzzled that my watch wasn't affected until I remembered that
(unlike the clocks) it's dual frequency and can receive the signal from
Mainflingen, Germany as well as Anthorn

Yes. Thanks for that. It is showing "no signal".

I changed the battery in one of mine yesterday and it has not yet been
able to find a signal since. The one on German DCF77 is fine.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown