Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mentalguy2k8 Mentalguy2k8 is offline

Default Digital projectors.

"harry" wrote in message
I am thinking of getting one.

What does the panel know about them? Best make, any snags to watch
out for, best place to buy etc
What can gowrong?

I was going to get one before but the price of replacement lamps put
me off.

Depends what you want it for etc. but don't let the lamp price put you off.
If you shop around, you can get them a lot cheaper. There are plenty of
guides (Google) on what resolution, brightness, contrast ratio are best for
your situation.

A couple of snags I found (which wouldn't have been a problem if I'd thought
it through....) firstly, you'll need to think about where to put it to avoid
trailing cables and stuff. My best wall for the screen was the one the TV
was already on, which meant a cable running across the room from the Sky box
to the projector.

Second, make sure you've got a sound system as it only struck me when I set
it up, that my projector only had a crappy little speaker in it, so you'll
need to amplify and project the sound from the source, through something
else like a hifi or surround system.