Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Refrigerator keeps running after cleaning dirt at bottom

On 3/29/2012 11:19 PM, yong321 wrote:
This is a 20-year-old KitchenAid Superba but looks fairly new.
Yesterday I removed the bottom front grille and cleaned out tons of
dirt. (The previous owner probably never did it.) Now I notice: (1)
The door edge no longer feels hot. (2) The fridge seems to almost
constantly run. It's still cold inside, though. (3) The warm air at
where the bottom grille is doesn't feel as warm as before.

Running 'almost' continuously: Most newer fridges run a lot. I used to
have an older KA built in and it was a noted event in our house when it
was completely quiet. Has this changed from the way it was before
cleaning? Also, the air feels cooler because there is more air flow, so
it doesn't have time to get as hot.

Did I accidentally turn off the door edge heater (if any)? Why would
that keep the fridge running non-stop? Thanks.