Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 2 cycle compression ...... redux

On 4/2/2012 10:25 PM, Harry K wrote:
On Apr 2, 6:41 pm, The Daring
wrote:
On 4/2/2012 4:10 PM, wrote:

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 08:04:35 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:59:03 PM UTC-4, Jules Richardson wrote:
Pull the head on it and check the bore for damage - typically on these
smaller engines the head gaskets are quite meaty and will come off clean
(and can be reused). Unless, of course, it's a head gasket problem in
the first place...

It's a 2-stroke weedeater. 99.99% chance that it does not have a separate head. The head and cylinder are one piece and bolt to the crankcase. Nearly all small 2-stroke engines have one-piece "jugs."
Stange, NONE of the numerous 2 stroke engines I have floating around
have integrated jugs. They ALL have removeable cyl heads.

My 2 stroke .049 model airplane engines from my childhood had removable
heads. ^_^

TDD

And the simple way to check for bore/piston damage is to pull the
exhausst and take a look.

Harry K

Actually, all I had to do was look in the exhaust port to see the
piston. ^_^

TDD