Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT - New thread on Florida shooting - New News

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

It most certainly does. It applies even more so if you are not guilty.

There are countless cases where a person was convicted due to what he said
to the investigating officers irrespective of his actual guilt. The cops JOB
is to get statements from the alleged perp, irrespective of whether he's
guilty of a crime. Oftentimes, unbeknownst to the investigating cop, a
statement made by the suspect can be used later at trial to impeach him.

Even if what you say is 100% truthful, it can, and will be, used against
you.

I always get a kick out of the people that buy the "asking for a
lawyer makes you look guilty and you really should talk to me" schtick.
Although I have used it in the distant past.