Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Kniess Bill Kniess is offline

Default OT - New thread on Florida shooting

" wrote in

:

On Mar 29, 3:12*am, Bill Kniess wrote:
Molly Brown wrote in
@er9g2000vbb.googlegroups.co m:

snip

1. To defend yourself means when you’re not moving or going
anywhere and someone is coming after you, your loved one or
your property. 2. Unless you’re a member of SWAT and on duty, a
gun can only be used as a defense. 3. When you go AFTER someone
( read # 1 above) then you are no longer considered to be
defending yourself. Florida has a marvelous law of “stand your
ground” that is extremely useful. If people like you don’t stop
trying to subvert it, we’re all going to lose.

Who are you saying here is the defender?

Subverting ? *Are you saying we were a lost bunch from the
beginning of the country up to the time this law was passed?

Marvelous law ? *I'm an NRA member, but I have to say that
there was
NO reason to have a law like this enacted. (It was
bankrolled by my
NRA, and for the life of me, cannot find out for what
purpose they
push such legislation).

The Florida SYG law was passed after a citizen defending
himself was charged. I don't know all the facts and I think
he ultimately either wasn't convicted or got it overturned.
I heard the guy that sponsored the bill in the FL legislature
briefly explaining it on TV. It was passed to help prevent
this from happening again to a citizen using lethal force
justifiably. Given the propensity for many left wing
anti-gun prosecutors to bring charges, I'm not sure it's
a bad thing either.

What's more, it should not matter in the current case.
By Z's account and the eye witness account that has
confirmed the key parts of his story, he had no ability to
retreat at the time of the shooting.

I think there are a lot of holes in Z's account and also from his
father''s accout of what he was told.
The investigating homicide detective felt an arrest should have been
made - he felt strongly enough to file an afadavit saying so.
Whenhas a cop ever gone out of his way to do paperwork? (or stick his
head out)

Look a Z's clothing in the video shown as he was being brought into
the police station. There is NO BLOOD on jis shirt. A broken nose
after beiing pummelled by his attacker, will bring forth a lot of
blood. Where is the stains? It is hard to tell if there is any injury
to the back of Z's head as he told the police his head was pounded
repeatedly on the ground. Again if there was an injury, lots of bood
is usually the result of a head injury. And for someone who hasjust
been in a life-threatening strugglem he is pretty spry gettingout of
the cruiser's back seat with handcuffs on and no help from the
police. The EMT was called to admimister to the parties. There
should have been a report on the incident from the medical side.
Where is it? (It may be in the hands of the prosecutor). His father
said Martin told his son he was going to die. That should have been
in Z's statement - it was not. That could have been a justification
for Z's actions. The funeral director indicated there were no marks
on Martins hands. A ounch hard enough to drop Z and break his nose
should have caused some indications of a fight. There is some
discussion on who was yelling during the scuffle.

It's all unknown at this time for sure. I think the shooting should
have been handled similar to a shooting by a policeman. They take
the gun, he is placed onpaid admin leave. A group of experts analyze
the incident, evidence, and testimony and then rule on the incident.
If it was a "good" shooting, the individual is re-armed and sent back
to duty - a "bad" shooting is referred to the prosecutor for further
scrutiny and charges if necessary.