Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Kniess Bill Kniess is offline

Default OT - New thread on Florida shooting

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote:
-snip-

Hmm. Thirty-one states have some form of Stand Your Ground (SYG)
laws.

Check your math-- or your source. This map only shows 18.
http://www.adn.com/2012/03/26/239250...und-bill-in-sp
otlight.html

If you've got another map or chart, I'd love to see it.

I may have misspoked.
"As of 28 May 2010 (2010 -05-28, 31 states had some form of Castle
Doctrine or Stand Your Ground law."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand-your-ground_law

Castle Doctrine is different from SYG. Castle Doc is the right to
protect your habitat which, I believe is nationwide.

SYG applies to ANYWHERE a person may be - in habitat, on the street,
in churches, in the capital, the govrnor's office, ANYWHERE, which is
significantly different, and is therefore more ambiguous. By he true
legal definition (from law school) laws should be precise and not
open to interpretation.

No, I did not go to lawschool, my nephew did. He is an attorney
specializing in constitutional law in DC. He visited me last week
when his kids were onspring break. Talk to an attorney sometime who
does know something about this stuff.