Posted to rec.woodworking
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default Need a combination square

On Mar 31, 10:53*pm, "Max" wrote:
"Doug Miller" *wrote in message

. ..

Of course, if you don't care whether your jointed edges are square to the
faces, the six-dollar cheapie
will work for you on the jointer too.

LOL. *I have found that an architects triangle works just fine for squaring
my jointer fence and my table saw blade.
On the other hand, a decent combination square might be desirable for
marking. *My eyesight isn't quite good enough to detect an error of .006.
And my pencils aren't that sharp either. * ;-)

Max

4x reading glasses from the dollar store. Frequently resharpen
your pencils on a piece of 400 grit paper. An 0.006" line
will seem like it's 10 feet wide.