Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila.Iskander Attila.Iskander is offline

Default OT Short of news in the UK

wrote in message
On Mar 28, 12:16 pm, "
wrote:
On 28 Mar 2012 11:49:52 GMT, Han wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
om:

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

But there's only one VA hospital in Manhattan. You can remove the
problem you mention by moving the hospital to Long Island, thereby
eliminating the crazy-making contamination that comes from the
drinking water in Manhattan, or the air, or the cab drivers, or
whatever.

By suggesting that moving to LI would lower the 'crazy-quotient' for
whatever reason, you exhibit a complete lack of understanding of the
area.g [not to mention the point that there is a whole lot of
crazy *inside* the hospital]

I spent two weeks in Manhattan one night. Our hotel was on Times
Square. I remember requesting a window seat when we went to Howard
Johnson's for dinner so we could watch the floor show.

We visited in 1970 or '71. Then went to see family in upper Manhattan.
We got very strange eyes when we told them where we were staying. But
now Times Square has been cleaned up since years ago, it's fun to watch.
Manhattan is a great place to walk about. Almost every block is
different and interesting. Did you take a bus tour?

We were there several times, in the mid '70, though '93ish and saw the
changes. Guiliani really did clean it up. AIUI, it's slipping backwards
since the cops aren't as vigilant WRT "minor" crimes under Bloomberg.-

If you follow the NY news, Bloomberg is taking a lot of heat
because they do have an aggressive program of what is
essentially profiling. They routinely stop people on the
street who aren't committing any crime or infraction just
based on what they look like, the area they are in, etc.
Kind of like what Z did with Martin. The police claim it
is essential to keeping crime down and that it is working.
NYC is among the safest large cities in the USA.

Nonsense
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._by_crime_rate