Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Short of news in the UK

On Mar 30, 7:03*am, Han wrote:
"Attila.Iskander" wrote :

"Han" wrote in message
"Attila.Iskander" wrote in
:

"Han" wrote in message
. ..
"Attila.Iskander" wrote in
:

So you are claiming that this vet killed the doctor because he was
allowed to have a firearm ??
* * Exactly HOW was that doctor killed ??

At the time, possession of the firearm may have been illegal or
not. I don't know whther that vet had a license. *However, disabled
as he was, he managed to enter the hospital in his wheelchair with
the gun because there was NO weapons screening at the time as there
is now. He proceeded to find
the doctor and just shot him. *As if it were an ambush of sorts.

I think that answers all your questions.

So you admit that the rule to ban guns that was already in place did
NOT work to protect the doctor or prevent the attack

Interesting that you promote a rule that has been shown not to work
* *So CLEARLY, your position is not a rational one based on what
* *works. It's
instead based on the wishful thought that MAYBE it works and thus it
should be kept.

If arming personnel were the answer, the only result would have
been more deaths in this case.

Classic cliché line that is UNSUPPORTED by DATA
That type of "Blood in the Streets", "Shootouts like the OK Corral"
have been trotted out in EVERY SINGLE State that considered relaxing
it's carry laws, by the hoplophobe gun controllers
* * It's IRONIC that it has NEVER BEEN SHOWN to come true
In actual fact the OPPOSITE has occurred

By the way, you do know that law-abiding armed citizens shoot more
than twice as many criminals as police do, and yet al those
well-trained police shoot almost 6 times as many innocent bystanders
as those "untrained" law-abiding citizens..
* * Your confidence is placed in the hands of the wrong people

And your arguments are based on individual incidents instead of the
whole picture.
* * Can you say "statistical fallacies" ?

I know. *It's just too bad for the dead ones, they were just
collateral damage.

**** happens
* * That's life.
No different from the 42,000+ innocents killed on roads annually.
where both drivers and vehicles are licensed
* * Man that licensing sure works great...
Not only it doesn't stop licensing people from going around and
killing themselves and others. It doesn't even stop people who never
had a license or had it withdrawn from participating in the killings.
So naturally, stricter licensing should solve the problem according to
such as you

And you tell me to take a class in logic ?
* * I would need to take a class in stupidity to operate at that
* * level.

You're only right in 1 point. *Regulations don't work if you don't
enforce them. *One of the right's favorites was Giuliani. *Rudi started
(more or less) enforcing rules and regulations and his police drove down
crime. *Now Bloomie is floating on the results, but forgets the starategy
and crime is rising again.

A few things. First, if Bloomberg is floating on Giuliani's results,
he sure been floating a long time, eleven years. Second, while
NY has had a small blip up in only the last couple years, it still
near the top of the list of the safest large cities in the USA.
There were less than 600 murders last year, close to the
lowest ever on record. In 1990 there were 4 times that number.
Third, what evidence do you have that Bloomberg isn't tough
on crime. Just recently he's taken major heat for NYC's
street crime program where they use profiling to stop people
on the street for questioning with no real justification other
than the cops feel like stopping them. He's also allowed
the cops to conduct aggressive surveilence of Muslims,
including allowing them to do so outside NYC itself.
For that, he's drawn the wrath of you libs. Holder has
started an investigation, yet Bloomberg has stood behind
what they are doing and continued it.

Funny guys Holder and his boss. They investigate
NYC for keeping it's citizens safe, but where is the
investigation into the black panthers offering a $10,000
reward, dead or alive, for Zimmerman?

*I know it's a generalization and ignores many
other factors. *Just yesterday there was a horrific accident in town.
Drunk missed a curve on the highway and wrapped around a tree, killing
his passenger. *He's in the hospital with severe injuries charged with
vehicular manslaughter. *Who exactly needds to enforce drunken driving
rules, I don't know. *I don't know whether a bar or just "friends" were
involved. *Will come out later.

The same with gun rules and immigration, just to name a few areas. *Rules
only work if they are enforced.
--
Best regards
Han