Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Just for the record

Ed Huntress wrote:
On Mon, 02 Apr 2012 15:48:52 -0700,
wrote:

(...)

Odds of winning Megamillions: 1 in 175,711,536
Odds of dying from contact with hot tap water: 1 in 5,005,564

g I know. Somebody said it was slightly worse than being killed by a
shark. I don't know about that, but it sounds reasonable.

It's not the odds, Winnies. It's the dreams....

Yup.

And, of course, it's a tax that our legislators don't have to pass.
What could be better than people standing in line to pay a tax that
they don't have to?

Remind me again why Bernie Madoff is in jail?
He sold dreams at a high price too.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/2012/0330/Who-ll-win-the-Mega-Millions-lottery-The-states

"Mega Millions jackpot is the world's largest. But the chances
of winning the Mega Millions are so slim that the only sure
winners are the states, which get a little over a third of the take."

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2012/0330/Note-to-Mega-Millions-lottery-winner-Beware!-video

"Since Tuesday, Mr. Hoover estimates, people have spent about
$600 million on tickets – and perhaps as much as $1.2 billion
since the last winner on Jan. 24. In Massachusetts, tickets
were selling at the rate of 14,000 per minute on Friday, says
Beth Bresnahan, a spokeswoman for the Massachusetts Lottery."

Looking under my clothes dryer has paid me nicely.

http://www.pfadvice.com/2007/01/24/1...-when-walking/

--Winston