Montyhp

Default Grizzly 6" Jointer Experience

"Mutt" wrote in message
om...
I bought a used griz 6" jointer 10 years ago, and it gave me fine
service; yes, it took some tweaking, and yes, adjustments were needed
from time to time, and yes, some of the fit and finish left a bit to
be desired, but I had no complaints. I saved my pennies and did
upgrade to an 8" DJ-20 recently (having sold the griz for precisely
what I paid for it 10 years ago) and I must say that I'm glad I made
the investment over the 8" griz, as the extra $400 or so I paid gave
me a much better machine in every respect, and it was right on the
money right out of the box. I take a long view of things and over the
next 20 years of use I will certainly get out of it, its worth the
money to me.

At the risk of starting a war: How is the DJ-20 much better in every
respect? I know it is different and the delta adjustment system may have
some subtle advantages, but my G0800 has been flawless except for the fact
that the set screws on the upper pulley backed out (a little loctite fixed
that).

Montyhp
On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:01:10 GMT, "martin"
wrote:

It is common knowledge that you have to tinker with a Grizzly piece

of
machinery but once thats done you have a great machine at a great

price.

FWIW, $380 for a jointer isn't exactly a GREAT price. G

My feelings too. I considered a Griz when I peeled some moldy money from

my
wallet and bought my Jet closed stand jointer. Sure I paid $500 for it,

but
the differance form $380 to $500 seems trivial when you spread the $120

over
several years!
Greg