Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default bond tiny bushing

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
I've got an egg shaped hole in the lock frame on my 1919 BMG...

This part is hardened 4140 and its hard to get into the deep hole
anyway so welding it shut and remachining don't look like a good
option.

So is there a good way to bond a bushing with a 0.187" OD by 0.150"
high into a bore? What would you use? FWIW, if I tried a press fit, it
would just break the part.

Karl

How about a light press fit and lock it in place with LocTite sleeve and
bushing locker. Loc-Tite green if I recall correctly.