Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default OT Is the George Plimpton who posts here an artificial intelligencebot?

On 3/31/2012 8:59 PM, jk wrote:
following.
==============================

As usual you have taken what I said out of context in an attempt to be
unfair.

NO exactly IN CONTEXT. You (and no one else) said YOU KNEW where I
stand on issues.

But from what I remember here is what it meant when I said I
know where you stand on all the issues. I was talking about your
political ideology and my guess was that you were a
rightwinger/conservative. With that in mind I said I know where you
stand on the issues because I know where conservatives stand on the
issues, and you are one of them. You took a broad generalization and
tried to apply it to the specifics to make it look wrong.

NO I challenged your assertion that you had knowledge. Knowledge you
had no reasonable way of possessing, except in fact by inference from
your ASSUMPTIONS about my political views.

The reality is that as a conservative I do know where you stand on most
issues. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that on the major issues you come
down on the side of average conservatives 90% of the time. But putting
that aside I've told you both that I was giving you the same treatment
you both have pulled on me. You have made all kinds of claims about me
without any proof or only based on a few posts of mine you have read. So
I was showing you what it's like to get that in return.

How many times has Pimpton said I have no education? He knows I do so
what do you call that? It's a lie, isn't it? So I did the same to you.
I did to you exactly what Pimpton does just to point out to the two of
you what you both were doing, which was saying things about me that
neither of you really have any proof of. They are just assertions based
on little or nothing. I gave you some of that back in return and it
appears that you don't like it very much. That fact you couldn't tell
that I was giving you some of your own medicine only shows how unaware
you two are.

Want to take
your views on the issues you listed and tell me how many of them do you
completely disagree with the view of conservatives? I still say your
view will agree with the conservative view on almost all of them. Prove
me wrong. If you do then you're a liberal.

Or in other words, NOT only did you lie when you said you knew, you
lied when you said

Throwing your own falsehoods back in your face was not lying. It was the
only way to show you what you were doing. I was demonstrating your
behavior. If you call that lying that means you admit you are a liar.

" What claims have I made about you that I have gone silent on? Be
" specific and I'll address anything I've said.

The above blather is not addressing what you said, it is a mealy
mouthed backtracking.

I call it giving a bully some of his own medicine.

If you had half the knowledge you claim, you would be able to state
EXACTLY where I stand on the issues below. But I will be king and say
that if you get even HALF of them right I will call it a "win" for
you, if you get 3/4 of them right, you might even be as smart as you
claim.

Since you know what I know on so many subjects.
Please tell me where I stand on these issues.
Abortion
The environment
Global Warming
Patriot Act
Nuclear Power
Decriminalization of Pot.
The peace corps
Complete Legalization of Pot.
NASA
The first gulf war
Space Travel in General
Nanotechnology
PBS/NPR
The War in Afghanistan
The second gulf war
Foreign Aid
==============================

When you said you knew exactly what training and education I had
received in my life.
On 2/22 under "why do you have a right to your money" I challenged
you to tell me (and the world) exactly what my training was in these
areas.

In this case I was imitating Pimpton.

Bull****, you were being you.

I was not being serious and I was
simply declaring things about you that I did not really know.

Or in other words, you LIED.

No I wasn't. I was giving you an example of what you and Pimpton have
been doing to me. You seem to forget that you have made all kinds of
accusations about me that I say are false. So what do you call it when
you make false accusations about me? Most would call that lying. So
don't get all high and mighty about lying when both of you have lied
about me repeatedly. You stop the baseless and unsubstantiated claims
about me and I'll do the same. You keep it up and you'll get it back in
return.

I was
trying to show you how it feels when someone does that to you like
Pimpton does. It was meant as a comparison to what Pimpton does.

No it wasn't, it was in a discussion of your supposed ability to
evaluate evidence. And that was well before you started trying that
one on for size. But even if that were to be true, it still means
you lied.

No, it just means I made a baseless claim about you the same way you
have made many of them about me. And you started it, not me.

===============================
You're the one with no training, education, or
experience in anything legal.

So, you know this for a fact how?

Same way you guys know everything about me.

That was part of the same post where I was "doing a Plimpton" and simply
saying things that I couldn't possibly know to show you what it's like
when someone claims things they don't really know.

Or in the same words as before, you were lying then.

I did what you two do. You call that lying then you call yourself a
liar. So are you a liar?

But If I recall you never said you had any legal training either. Did you?

Never said I didn't either.

Oh well, you are being evasive and dishonest here. Some would call that
a lie. You're lying by omission. This is what I mean about you trying to
take the high ground when you are not exactly honest, to say the least.

Last time you claimed to know exactly where I stood on all issues,
based on a single (misunderstood) statement, and I asked you to "put
up or shut up" by telling me where I stood on a laundry list of
today's more "popular" issues, and you shut up.

So pray tell, since you are now also an expert on my education,

What School did I graduate from?
What classes did I take there?
What was my major
Have I done ANY post graduate education?
DO I have an Advanced Degree?
Have I ever been accredited as an instructor for a college?
If so what subject.
================================

Now you know. I was copying Pimpton just to **** you off.

No you were lying then, and you are lying now.

It's only fair isn't it? You two lie about me and when I give it back to
you then I'm the liar? I had to teach you a lesson. You started lying by
making up things about me that you knew were untrue or you had no proof
of. That means you gave up any right to the truth from me. You've lied
about me repeatedly, you've been dishonest. Calling me a liar only makes
you a hypocrite as well as a liar. That's worse than just being a liar FYI.

Of course I
have no idea about any of those things. That was my point.

No you thought you could get away with a stupid, lame attack, and it
backfired. That's why you went silent and did not respond.

That's a lie! See what I mean?

I was giving you an example of what he's been doing to me for
quite a while. I see you don't like it very much.

I could give a rats ass. It just makes a convenient vehicle to
illustrate your mendacious ways.

It doesn't seem that way to me. It seems like you don't like being told
things that are untrue, but you don't have a problem doing it yourself
at all. If you said you haven't said one thing about me that is untrue
you would be lying. So don't bother trying to come across as holier than
thou on this. You aren't honest enough to call anyone a liar.

Hawke