Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default OT Is the George Plimpton who posts here an artificial intelligencebot?

On 3/28/2012 5:05 PM, jk wrote:
wrote:

On 3/26/2012 12:17 AM, jk wrote:
wrote:

I told you I don't make claims. When I say something it's true.

Except that when challenged, you either go silent [Like your many
claims about me] or it turns out you "mis rembembered", or you want to
define words in ways special and unique to you.

I said what I say is true. I didn't say I'm never wrong.

Then what does "When I say something it's true." mean then?

It means I'm the same as you are. Sometimes we make mistakes. That
doesn't mean you aren't telling the truth. Lying means you aren't
telling the truth. No human is perfect so we all are wrong at times. The
question is are you telling the truth. That's what I do all the time. It
doesn't mean every now and then I'm not wrong. The difference is some
people don't mean to tell the truth. People like you and Pimpton. You
are running away from or covering the truth when you don't like it.

Do you not know
the difference between telling a lie and making a mistake either?

I'm
telling you I don't purposely tell lies, which is why I know you won't
catch me in one. I don't lie if I don't know what I'm talking about, and
if I'm wrong and you prove it I will change my position. Do I
mis-remember things sometimes? Yeah, I do. Do you? Do you make mistakes?
Do you make typographical errors, grammatical errors, errors in general?
Then don't hold me to a different standard than you do for yourself.

I don't

No? I think your standard for yourself isn't nearly as tough as the
standard you use for me.

What claims have I made about you that I have gone silent on? Be
specific and I'll address anything I've said.

Fair enough,

On 2/19 when you said you knew were I stood on all "Issues"
I challenged you to tell me (and the world) "where I stand" on the
following.
==============================
Since you know what I know on so many subjects.
Please tell me where I stand on these issues.
Abortion
The environment
Global Warming
Patriot Act
Nuclear Power
Decriminalization of Pot.
The peace corps
Complete Legalization of Pot.
NASA
The first gulf war
Space Travel in General
Nanotechnology
PBS/NPR
The War in Afghanistan
The second gulf war
Foreign Aid

==============================

When you said you knew exactly what training and education I had
received in my life.
On 2/22 under "why do you have a right to your money" I challenged
you to tell me (and the world) exactly what my training was in these
areas.

===============================
You're the one with no training, education, or
experience in anything legal.

So, you know this for a fact how?
Last time you claimed to know exactly where I stood on all issues,
based on a single (misunderstood) statement, and I asked you to "put
up or shut up" by telling me where I stood on a laundry list of
today's more "popular" issues, and you shut up.

So pray tell, since you are now also an expert on my education,

What School did I graduate from?
What classes did I take there?
What was my major
Have I done ANY post graduate education?
DO I have an Advanced Degree?
Have I ever been accredited as an instructor for a college?
If so what subject.

I addressed the above in another post.

As for defining my own
words everybody else does the same thing. If I threw a hatchet at your
head and it missed by a couple of feet you might say that was close
where I'd say I missed by a mile. We both had our own definition of what
a miss by a couple of feet is. Understand?

Funny you didn't have anything to say about this.

Hawke