Posted to rec.woodworking
CW[_8_] CW[_8_] is offline

Default Tool shroud

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
b.com...

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

This is one of the better dust collecting devices I've seen. I've
ordered two of them. Finally, a practical solution.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=69302

I was going to post something yesterday about the famous April fools Lee
Valley offering. But I had to work late. I was going to speculate on what
would be offered.

It still took a few seconds for me to fully grasp it though. Even though I
knew it was coming. My first thought was, Neander meets Normite. My head
hurts.

But looking at that video erased any doubt as to the silliness of this
product. I like the line in the ad copy that the Festool dust extractor is
now converted into a shavings extractor.

Lee Valley is a class act. How many other tool companies have a totally
silly and fun tradition like them? Not only do they have good tools, but
they have a sense of humor too. Good people.
Yes, and they put a lot of money into it. These jokes of theirs are very
expensive.