Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_3_] Lee Michaels[_3_] is offline

Default Tool shroud

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

This is one of the better dust collecting devices I've seen. I've
ordered two of them. Finally, a practical solution.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=69302

I was going to post something yesterday about the famous April fools Lee
Valley offering. But I had to work late. I was going to speculate on what
would be offered.

It still took a few seconds for me to fully grasp it though. Even though I
knew it was coming. My first thought was, Neander meets Normite. My head
hurts.

But looking at that video erased any doubt as to the silliness of this
product. I like the line in the ad copy that the Festool dust extractor is
now converted into a shavings extractor.

Lee Valley is a class act. How many other tool companies have a totally
silly and fun tradition like them? Not only do they have good tools, but
they have a sense of humor too. Good people.