Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pressure washers - useless, or less than useless?

The Medway Handyman wrote:
On 01/04/2012 17:41, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In ,
Hugo writes:
Reading car forums, the overwhelming opinion is that a pressure washer
is needed to wash one's car properly. So I went and bought a cheap

Really?
I thought a problem with them for this purpose is the pressure
can take the paint off.

Urban myth.

Not a myth, because I have done it: If the paint is already loose they
will take it off, but they wont take paint off a car at the sort of
pressures and distances you normally use a toy one at.

A high pressure industrial jet jet will cut through steel plate...its
all a question of muscle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW10fOVIozE

and how hard it is to achieve it.