Posted to alt.home.repair

Default For all you morons that use google-groups to post to usenet

On 4/1/2012 10:03 AM, Robert Green wrote:
wrote in message

It's too bad that HomeGuy's actions tend to make people think negatively
about our northern neighbors.

--
Bobby G.

I'm one of your northern neighbours and it ticks me off when people like
Harry and Home Guy come into a group that is majority American and
instead of discussing home repair ideas and topics, post topics that are
meant to demean and bash of Americans.

Pleased to meet you! I spent years in Buffalo, NY and lots of time in
Toronto and Quebec. Coming from NYC, I had never seen a city as clean as
Toronto. Never met an "ugly Canadian" until AHR and HomeGuy.

Now teasing and playful ribbing is okay but the continuous snubbing over
non home repair topics is just tiring.

It's a constant drone of "look how smart we are and how dumb you are." We
call that a "one trick pony" and the whole act is getting kind of tiresome.

That's what the alt.flame and alt.politics groups are for.

They would incinerate him in alt.flame. There would be nothing but a little
soot left.

Now Don Rickles: He made a career out of demeaning his audience, but
that's what you expect from a Don Rickles show. You pay for that
privilege. You don't expect it from a home repair forum.

I just saw Don on TV the other night. He owns the "insult comic" routine
for sure. He's actually quite funny. Unlike HG who sounds a lot like that
very whiny comic who's name escapes me.

HG's most useless posts are when he accuses Americans of things that people
are doing all over the world, even in Canada. I recall the big hubbub he
tried to start with copper and other metals thefts. I just read an article
talking about how bad the problem is WORLDWIDE. Over 1/4 of the lead of a
lead-roofed church in England has been stolen by metal thieves. Apparently
in England, scrap dealers don't have to demand ID from scrap sellers.
Sooner or later, they'll get with the program.

--
Bobby G.

Some very interesting metal thefts are going on in Californiastan.
Illegal immigrants are suspected for a slightly unusual reason. ^_^

http://www.indystar.com/usatoday/article/53421518?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Home/Garden|s

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6paz97v

TDD