Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Phone bundle

On 3/31/2012 10:25 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
Right now I pay
20 for phone
20 for inet
12 for cellphone
30 for Direct Tv

Because I am disable ATT gives me my land line for 20 month.
I got ATT inet for $20 first year and that is running out.
I was getting my cell phone for 12 bucks by being on a package with
family. That is over.
I got Direct TV for 30 bucks for the first year but that is running
out. It will be 68 bucks a month soon and the contract is for another
year. I get the Choice Xtra which I love. It has two stations I
watch almost exclusively (Science Channel and H2) and would be very
disappointed to have to give them up, but I could.

I really like having a landline. Although I don't use the phone much,
I really like being able to answer/use the phone all over the house.
Since I am considering some bundle packages I am open to Voip and as I
don't use the phone much I really don't resist giving up ATT much
anymore. My cellphone stays on the charger when I am home. My
cellphone use is very low as well, but I really would like to get
another low cost cellphone too.

Who is getting the most bang for the buck with a super sweet package
deal?

Because I still have a year to go with Direct TV I am hoping I may be
able to get into a package that will give me the Direct TV deal a year
early.

Why not just get rid of the landline? Then get one of the various BT to
home phone adapters. That kills off one bill and you can use your
existing home phones to call via your cellphone.