Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Tool shroud

On 4/1/2012 2:37 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/1/2012 11:41 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 4/1/12 10:26 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
In ,
says...

This is one of the better dust collecting devices I've seen. I've
ordered two of them. Finally, a practical solution.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=69302

I realize it's a joke but I've picked enough stuck chips out of the
throats of planes that it occurs to me that that might not be as silly
as it looks.

That is the very genius of most of their AFD tools.
They have just enough practicality and necessity that it messes with
your mind just enough that somewhere deep inside you wish it wasn't a
joke.

Theses April Fools tools are always too good to be true. LOL

Their tape measure "story stick" AFD tool wasn't a bad idea, and is
still for sale, IIRC. The only reason I didn't buy one was that you can
apparently only mark on it with a mark-a-lot, which means the lines
would be too gross for fine measurements.

Still ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010