IMM

Default Baxi boiler overheat

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 21:33:00 +0000, BillR wrote:

Roger Mills wrote:
"BillR" wrote in message

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the thermostat in the lounge
where it can regulate the temp where someone cares what it is?
Many years ago I had a house where thermostat was in the hall but I
couldn't see the logic in that.
In all my houses subsequently its been in the lounge.

That's ok as long as you haven't got additional heating in the lounge
- such as a solid fuel or gas fire. If you have, that could warm the
lounge and cause the stat to switch off - with the result that the
rest of the house would be cold.

Why heat the rest of the house if you're in the lounge?
Ok then, put the thermostat in another room without additional heating

e.g.
dining room.
But not hallway ... where's the logic in that?

Quite a bit really. The wall thermostat acts an indicator of overall house
temperature this is the main control and the TRVs serve to control
individual room tempertures.

The hall is supposed have a rad sized and balanced to make it the coolest
room in the house.

---