Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default Pressure washers - useless, or less than useless?

On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 19:13:17 +0100, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

On 01/04/2012 19:08, Rod Speed wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote
Andrew Gabriel wrote
Hugo wrote

Reading car forums, the overwhelming opinion is that a pressure washer is needed to wash one's car properly. So I
went and bought a cheap

Really?
I thought a problem with them for this purpose is the pressure can take the paint off.

Urban myth.

Nope, fact, at least with motorbikes.

I sold pressure washers for 30 odd years. I only know of on instance of
paint removal & that was a Lada the owner had hand painted.

'If' a pressure washer takes paint off - the paint was coming off anyway
- the pressure washer just brought the date forward.

Well my wheel-nut covers were fine before they washed my car after
servicing it last time. Perhaps they used an angle grinder and not a
PW? And no Skoda jokes Mr Lang!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/6...ream/lightbox/

Funnily enough, it's going in for a service in the morning so I will
remember now to tell them not to bother washing it.
What should I use to spray the plastic covers with?

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%