Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pressure washers - useless, or less than useless?

On 01/04/2012 19:08, Rod Speed wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote
Andrew Gabriel wrote
Hugo wrote

Reading car forums, the overwhelming opinion is that a pressure washer is needed to wash one's car properly. So I
went and bought a cheap

Really?
I thought a problem with them for this purpose is the pressure can take the paint off.

Urban myth.

Nope, fact, at least with motorbikes.

I sold pressure washers for 30 odd years. I only know of on instance of
paint removal & that was a Lada the owner had hand painted.

'If' a pressure washer takes paint off - the paint was coming off anyway
- the pressure washer just brought the date forward.