Posted to alt.home.repair
Cliff Hartle[_2_] Cliff Hartle[_2_] is offline

Default Any ideas for binding a book using home-repair tools & materials?

Now that the printing & binding are close to being solved, that opens the
question of being able to print half-sized books (i.e., half of an 8.5x11
sheet of paper).

What's the best (cheapest straightest) way to cut 250 sheets of printed
paper in my garage so that the resulting book is around 8.5 inches tall
by about 5.5 inches wide?

I have a 'normal' paper cutter (but I can never get more than about 10
pages cut without skewing the deck).

How do you cut paper in the garage without skewing the deck?

You really should print it half sheet on normal 8.5 by 11 and print in
booklet mode 4 sheets at a time. You can then fold and stitch the book
together.