Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT Short of news in Florida

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 16:52:44 -0500, Jim Yanik
wrote:

you'd think that any witnesses would have come forward by now,especially
considering the racial tensions and potential for more deaths and much
property damage. Of course,that racial tension may be keeping witnesses
AWAY,too scared to come forth with testimony that would show TRayvon to be
lurking around places he had no business being around,or that reinforced
the testimony that Trayvon attacked Zimmerman.
The physical evidence is pretty much all collected,although I suspect that
if they looked around the area,under bushes,or elsewhere,they'd find some
burglar tools that Trayvon dumped before he went to attack Zimmerman. Like
a big flat-blade screwdriver...like he was caught with at school.

I would hope they are very thorough, but there was, it seems, to have
been at least a minor delay getting things started. Evidence could
have been lost. What seemed simple enough was made difficult because
of the protests and every detail will be scrutinized. .

I have to wonder if there is a lot more already known, but not
released to forestall any bigger protests, sit ins, whatever. The
initial photo was of a nice looking little boy that was killed and
that alone was enough to get people upset.

MANY people don't care that the NEW investigation is not complete.
They are demanding Zimmerman be arrested immediately.
It's going to be interesting when the NEW investigation closes the case as
it stands now.
After all,the presumption of innocence is Zimmerman's civil right..

Initial indications were self defense. Thee is no reason to arrest
at this point. An articles in the OP-Ed section of today's paper said
Z should be arrested and let the court sort it out. Well, that is not
the way our system works. You have to prove guilt, not that you are
innocent. Charges have to have some substance.

What is sad, no matter what the outcome, the other side will feel it
is wrong and justice was not served.

Although the independent investigators may wimp out and throw it to a Grand
Jury to decide,and the Grand Jury opts for a trial so THEY don't have to
face the mob either,submitting to blackmail. That is probably the most
likely course this will take.
And THEN it becomes another OJ SImpson trial. and a huge waste of money for
nothing.

Maybe OJ will find some more evidence while he is out searching for
the real killer.