Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A neat trick!

I'm sure lots of you already know about this trick but I just figured
it out a couple days ago and thought I'd share it. So, you know how
sometimes you need to drill a hole in some type of electrical cabinet
or similar and it's already full of stuff you don't want any metal
chips to fall on? Well, I had to drill some holes in a machine's
electrical cabinet the other day and finally figured out that if you
put a strong magnet close to the drill while you are drilling the hole
all the chips wind up on the magnet and none fall into to cabinet. I
set a magnet from a magnetron on top of the cabinet right next to
where I was drilling the hole and it attracted all the chips. For my
next trick I'm going to make a magnet that attracts aluminum, wood,
and drywall.
Eric