Posted to alt.home.repair
Cliff Hartle[_2_] Cliff Hartle[_2_] is offline

Default Any ideas for binding a book using home-repair tools & materials?

How about a 3 hole punch and a 3 ring binder.

"Martin C." wrote in message
Is there something in the home-repair realm that can be used cleverly to
bind a 200 to 500 page printed 8.5x11 book?

Googling, fifty 1x11 inch "thermal glue strips" seem to be about $50
http://www.mybinding.com/.sc/ms/dd/ee/529/

But, those glue strips require a $100 machine.

That adds a few dollars to my endeavor to print & bind ebooks found on
the net (I have a dozen right now that I've downloaded to print & bind).

Since paper (0.8 cents per sheet) plus toner (1 cent per printed page)
are inexpensive, the real problem I'm trying to figure out is a cheap way
to bind a typical 200 to 500-page 8.5x11-inch pdf.

I wonder aloud if there is a cheaper alternative in home-repair realm of
the box box hardware stores? Maybe a construction glue & glue gun could
work?

Any ideas for binding a book using home-repair tools & materials?