Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03[_2_] DerbyDad03[_2_] is offline

Default From OP For TDD: Garage Door Opener Question

On 03/30/12 6:53 PM, Robert11 wrote:
Hello,

Do they "usually" have a fuse on the low voltage ?

Realize they are all probably different, but generally:
What type of fush style ? Amps ?

Haven't been able (with my back) to get up there.

Thanks,
Bob

Before climbing up anywhere, have you tried any of the other suggestions?

As I said in a earlier post that appears not to have made it through due
to Google issues...

Start by testing the switch: Remove one wire from the back of the switch
and touch it to the other. If the GDO operates, the switch is bad.
Change it.

If the GDO doesn't operate when you short the wires at the switch, short
the terminals that those wires go to at the GDO. Get a short piece of
wire and touch it to both screws at the same time. If the GDO operates,
the wire from the switch is bad. (maybe the switch too, but I doubt it)

If the GDO doesn't operate, that part of GDO is bad.

If that's the case, and based on the fact that the remotes work, simply
buy a generic remote, program it and stick it on the wall.

No need to go digging for an internal fuse that, if it even exists, is
probably soldered onto the board.

Start simple: Odds are it's the switch.