Posted to alt.home.repair
Duesenberg Duesenberg is offline

Default For all you morons that use google-groups to post to usenet

On 3/31/2012 9:29 AM, Home Guy wrote:
Duesenberg wrote:

So if you throw a tantrum and post a wise-ass response to this -
we won't see it.

What do you recommend for Ipad users?

I recommend that they get out of their walled garden and get a real
computer.

Short of that, if you're saying that there is no real usenet (NNTP)
client available for the iPad, then that's a real deficiency for
something that claims to be a portable computer.

Yeah because usenet is a growth "social networking" forum so the lack of
nntp support by tablet makers is a real deficiency. Why market facebook
or tumbler or twitter or pinterest connectivity when they can just stick
to usenet.

I didn't say there were no real usenet clients/apps available. When did
I type or say that were not? I simply asked what do you recommend for
Ipad users because the tone of your posting in this thread infers you
are an expert at many things "usenet". I thought you might be a good
person to ask this sort of question.

And not everyone has the space or the means or the desire or the career
to have a real computer. A salesman on the road may want to take an
hour break between meetings and is he supposed to set-up his PC so he
can read some usenet postings at starbucks?

There are vast limitations to having a PC. I enjoy PCs and prefer them
every time and enjoy building them and modifying them, but tablets and
smartphones are outselling PCs so you are not helping at all with the
fastest growing computer device market with your commentary.