Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default 1 inch impact and 1/2 inch compressed air piping

Ignoramus25729 wrote:
In a certain surplus deal, I acquired four trailer+pickup truck/loads
of various surplus stuff, mostly electrical.

One item was a CP 1 inch impact wrench, which I really wanted due to
having two trucks and such.

The compressed air system in my building is based on 1/2" NPT pipe,
and I wonder if it is sufficient to run such a big impact wrench. Does
anyone have any relevant experience.

How far from the compressor to the gun? If less than 10 feet it should
work. Any farther and you're going to need larger pipe. What I did was
simple. The "normal" lines are all 1/2 " steel plumbed off a long run of
1" that acts as a manifold and water drain. Then for the big guns I ran
a dedicated line of 1" out to the spot that the big guns get used.

--
Steve W.