Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jk jk is offline

Default OT Is the George Plimpton who posts here an artificial intelligence bot?

Hawke wrote:

If it's true that I'm bigger, stronger, smarter, better educated, more
knowledgeable, and do most things better than most people does that make
me superior? I think I would have to say yes. The only question would be
is it true. If it is would you say I'm superior to most people?

Leaving aside both bigger and stronger, it could follow such an "IF"
But your responses in this news group make the last 4 fall on the
"false" side of that "if".

And as for people "finding out right away", just because they don't
SAY it like we do here, does not mean they are not thinking "what an
Ignorant, overbearing, conceited jerk".

They don't think that for one really good reason.

They haven't met you, would be the ONE reason I can see.

Whether it's sports,
or politics, or history, or anything else, they find out right away that
most of the time I know more than they do about what it is we are
discussing.

You have already shown me, that your grasp of history that is more
than a couple of hundred years old is rather weak.
I could care less about any claim of sports (i.e. trivia) "wisdom".

Here's an example. Say I'm at my health club like I am five days a week
and I'm talking to someone about something related to health. I've been
going to health clubs since I was a teenager. I've seen every machine,
and done every exercise you can imagine. I'm an old and experienced hand
at it.
So whatever the subject is I know a whole lot about it.

So tell us again what Physical Chess is about, and what sport does it
discuss?

blah blah on guns clipped
That's how I know other people catch on right away that I know what
I'm talking about. Everyone I meet gets this. That's why they ask me
when they don't know something. A few people here don't, but they are
the exceptions.

Really?????
WHO here has asked you ANY thing when they don't know something. I
have been here longer than you claim to have been, and I don't recall
seeing it.

We already know that you have a problem with this term.

We do? How do we know that?

Your posts.

You have
previously illustrated that you think 100% of a group can be above
average for the group. Only in Lake Woebegone

I don't know what you are getting at.

Of course you don't, perfect memory letting you down ....AGAIN?

Maybe you are referring to
something Dan said about a group of engineers he knows where 100% of
them are way above average as far as IQ goes.

Nope

Otherwise I don't know
what you're talking about.

Or are you saying that in a group every one
in the group thinks they are above average? Maybe they are.

Mathematically impossible, showing again that you think 100% of a
group CAN be above it's average. That "I know more than they do about
what it is we are discussing" is really showing through here!

Whatever it
is you mean I don't get you.

Think back to a discussion where you think 100% of people should be
paid an above average wage. Again mathematically impossible.
jk