Roger Mills

Default Baxi boiler overheat

"BillR" wrote in message
Why heat the rest of the house if you're in the lounge?
Ok then, put the thermostat in another room without additional heating

e.g.
dining room.
But not hallway ... where's the logic in that?

Why have central heating at all - if you only want to heat the room you are
currently occupying?!

Assuming that you *are* going to heat the whole house, and are using a room
stat, there is no ideal position for it - and the whole thing is a
compromise. You have to make the basic assumption that the system is
correctly balanced and that the temperature in all rooms goes up and down
more or less in unison. Thus, if you switch off the heating when one room
gets up to temperature, the other rooms should have got up to temperature at
the same time. It's moot as to where you put the stat. It certainly
shouldn't be in a room with additional heating which is not controlled by
the stat. It probably shouldn't be anywhere which is subject to large
fluctations in temperature when doors are opened as people go in and out of
the house. If the front door opens to the outside (without an intermediate
porch) it probably shouldn't be in the hall. If there's a separate dining
room, this might be a good choice.

Incidentally, I do have a porch ouside the front door, and my stat is in the
hall - and it works reasonably satisfactorily.

Roger