Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila.Iskander Attila.Iskander is offline

Default OT Short of news in the UK

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Attila.Iskander wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
Han wrote:

But in my opinion, inside (VA) hospitals, with their often frenetic
pace, and the influx at times of delusional people, there shouldn't
be ordinary citizens carrying weapons. Note that not all crazies
are locked up inside wards. Some just come to get their
medications, or other treatment, or to visit their buddies. Why
take the risk of aone or more crazies doing the wrong thing?

If, as you observed, there are crazies meandering through the halls
of VA hospitals - and you have no way to identify, segregate, or
keep them out - that would argue for the sane, responsible,
righteous people to be armed.

I don't think he has the cognitive capacity the recognize that.
Just as he is unable to recognize the cognitive dissonance in
confounding the crazies with the rest of the population.

Could be. I tend to differentiate the groups by whether they' a) afraid
of guns or b) afraid of criminals.

It's been my impression that many "project." That is, when they hear of
some ghastly event they think to themselves: "If I had been there, and had
a gun, I certainly would have killed everybody in sight, then sought out
their relatives and friends, so, to prevent me or someone else from
inflicting fatal mayhem, we've got to remove the temptation."

In the alternative, they might think: "Most people of lesser abilities
than I, when faced with the same circumstances, would certainly have
visited death in great numbers on the miscreants and everybody the
malefactors ever knew. We've got to prevent those of lesser self-control
from depopulating the neighborhood!"

I notice that most such projectors have a few things in common
1) They make assumptions about themselves, and more importantly, others,
that are often not based on reality
2) They often try to wrap themselves in a "it's for the common good", aka
"do it for the children" flag of self-righteousness.
3) They are not in any way informed as to what the REAL DATA is or may be
in the circumstances they imagine or use to justify themselves
4) They are very often VERY RESISTANT to LEARNING the true data that may
go against 3).
And they will use just about any form of prevarication to keep their
heads in the sand.