Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Minimum distance between a kitchen socket and the kitchen sink?

Stephen H wrote:

If socket stays where it is, it will be under the boiler. If boiler
leaks, that would mean water getting into the double socket...

Thus, I have to move a double socket in preparation for a new boiler.

I can move it to the left which then makes it much closer to the kitchen
sink. Whats the minimum distance required between the kitchen sink and a
wall mounted socket?

There is no minimum distance, it is at the discretion of the installer.
One of the Building Regs recommends not less than 300mm, but there are
no rules in the Wiring Regs, it is up to the designer/installer to make
the correct judgement.
Also, how often do boilers leak? Not often, so I wouldn't be at all
bothered about a socket beneath one(of course, so long as other criteria
is met, which it usually is).

alan.