Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default dennis is moving to Bristol

"John Williamson" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

It fits with his inability to actually apply common sense to any
situation. Like all that guff about sticking 9kW on a socket. He likes
nice black and white rules that don't require any application of thought
or interpretation. So speed limit = dangerous, without recognising its
an arbitrary number chosen as a resonable compromise for the situation.

Its you that doesn't know why that limit was chosen that is the problem.
As I have stated before safety is not the only reason speed limits are
set.
If you exceed that limit because you think its safe then you choose to
ignore all the other reasons.
The thinking of someone that doesn't care about anyone else or what
effect that has on them.

You are inconsistent. You repeatedly claim that travelling at speeds even
slightly higher than the indicated limit is automatically extremely
dangerous, yet you now say that safety is not the only reason for setting
a particular limit.

Which is correct? Is it always dangerous to exceed a speed limit which has
been set to, say, reduce traffic noise? Note:- We all know that it is
unlawful to do so, but is it automatically dangerous?

Try asking whomever said "its automatically extremely dangerous".