Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Off topic, internet connection

On 30/03/2012 12:31, John Rumm wrote:
On 30/03/2012 09:08, ss wrote:
On 30/03/2012 08:32, Brian Gaff wrote:
/Seems a strange way to do things these days. Normally one would use a
router and the laptop would connect directly via wireless, and maybe the
main pc by cable to a port on the router. Often if a new connection has
popped up locally the wireless gets lost.
Be interesting to see what the wireless connection says is available.
Brian

Brian I think the way you have described is the way it is set up, my
description wasnt good.
The wireless connection window is empty...
"the network connection folder is unable to return the list of network
adaptors on your machine.
please make sure the network connection service is enabled and running"

Right click on My Computer and select "Manage". Then open out the
services and applications list at the bottom left. of the management
tree, and click Services. Look for "Network Connections" in the list and
make sure its set to Automatic and Started.

I got hat far but then a message pops up...
"Could not start the Net connections on local computer.
Error 1503: The service did not respond...."